Monday, October 8, 2007

Final Catalyst Thoughts

Well, Justin and I made it home safely Saturday afternoon. And then I was focused on making sense of my scattered notes on my Treo for Sunday's sermon: Miracle Killer: Doubt and Unbelief. I may post a brief synopsis of that later, but I wanted to make sure I dropped some more highlights of Catalyst before that.
Friday was a great day at Catalyst we got to spend some time with some of the staff from Our Savior's Church in Lafayette, LA where a good friend of mine, Josh Bigwood works. We also got to sit behind another friend, Seth May, that I went to school with at Elim Bible Institute.
Craig Groeschel
spoke about being a Practical Atheist from Isaiah 29:13-14. It was awesome. Here are some ways that Practical Atheism manifests:
  • Believing that our effort is better than God's power
  • Believing that our private life does not effect our ministry
  • Believing that we must please people more than God
He spoke about trying to lead people to Christ, but not letting Christ lead HIM. His prayer for us was that God would disturb us...so I join in that and ask: God disturb me.

John Maxwell reminded us to intentionally add value to people every day.

Erwin McManus
challenged us to change the future.

Wintley Phipps sang the most amazing rendition of Amazing Grace...you can hear him here.

And wrapping up the event, Andy Stanley spoke about Creating A Leadership-Friendly Culture (creating systems that encourage leadership).

Well, I have to go. We have a ONE24 fund-raising and awareness concert this Sunday night at 6:30 to prepare for. I'm speaking about the Father's Forgiving Love tomorrow night at the college ministry and Wednesday we will be beginning a mini-series called Faith Factor (out of the book of Proverbs).



No comments: